Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday Morning is Doomed forever!!!

So.... to explain this title let me shed some light on the outcome of the 2 times that we have tried to have Easter Morning Breakfast with our parents. Last year we were in our first apartment, and we decided to have Easter breakfast at our house instead of going to one of our parent's house. Jeremy made most of the food for breakfast, and my ONLY assignment was the bacon. And while I was putting a few new pieces of bacon into the pan some of the oil splashed out onto my foot. Now in my husband's defense I have a tendency to get scared and exaggerate, I screamed bloody murder, and he kind of thought I was overreacting and said to go and wash it off, and he would finish. So I went and washed it off, and didn't know how bad the burn was for about 5-10 minutes. A large red welt formed on the top of my foot that was about the size of a large egg. I put mustard on it so luckily it didn't scar, but it hurt A LOT! My husband felt really bad because he didn't know how much had gotten onto my foot, it had only splashed a little bit of oil onto his big toe.
Now skipping to this year, we both joked that maybe he should handle the bacon given the problems that we had last year. So I was in charge of the eggs, and I was doing something else, so Jeremy was watching the eggs, and he gave me my two eggs on a plate. And then the timer on the tater tots beeped so I reached over and turned it off and then opened the oven and leaned over to see if they were done. Then I stepped back, and realized that I had forgotten about the eggs on my plate, as I stepped with both feet into my fried eggs over easy :). It was great. Chantel came with a paper towel and cleaned up a little of the mess, and then I crawled into the bathroom to wash the rest of the egg yolk off my foot. We've decided that maybe we just shouldn't do Easter breakfast at our house. Because this doesn't generally happen, but it has now happened twice :). But all in all we are having a great conference Sunday, and we are enjoying spending the Easter holiday with our families. Tonight we will go to Grandma Henson's (Jeremy's Grandma) house for dinner.
HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!

No comments: