Friday, September 7, 2012

Life as a "Mormon"

"I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know who I am, I know God's plan, I'll honor him in faith. I believe in the savior Jesus Christ, I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right, I'll follow his light, his truth I will proclaim."- Children's Songbook #77

This is a song that I learned at church as a child. I have tried to live my life to honor my god and what I believe. I am proud to be a "Mormon." It is a big part of who I am because it influences the decisions that I make everyday. I hope that people will love me for who I am and not for what I do or do not believe, although they are closely related. With all of the media attention that our church is getting lately, I find lots of people that I have known for a long time making awful comments about members of this church because they do not believe the same as we do. I would ask these friends to vote for whoever they believe will lead this country the best, or don't vote at all if you don't agree with any of the candidates. But please don't make your decision based on someone's religion wether they be Mormon, Muslim, Catholic, Atheist, etc... Freedom should go all ways and should be extended to people's beliefs, wether we agree with them or not.

No comments: