Saturday, November 8, 2008

The first week in the life of...

Jeremy and Iwalani Nichols. We were married, and live in Albuquerque, NM. We have an apartment full of stuff that we are still of yet trying to figure out what to do with. But it is much more importantly filled with love. The love we have for one another, and the love and support that others have shown for us through their kindness during this time. It was wonderful to have our families with us during this momentous event.
Thursday marked the first day that I made my husband breakfast in our apartment due to the fact that before that the only food in the apartment was half a sandwhich we got from Walmart, a container of ranch that my parents left, and juice that Jeremy bought when I was sick. Cranberry for me and apple for him because I am such a bad wife and asked for cranberry forgetting that he can't have it. I'm learning...
Now we are in Socorro NM on our honeymoon. We were deciding between Socorro and Santa Fe because we wanted to get out of Albuquerque, but didn't want to go to far because of time. I like the drive to Socorro better and Jeremy has been to Santa Fe, so Socorro it is. Since we have been here;Last night the first thing that we did was leave Jeremy's credit card at Burger King so we had to go get it so we could check in... I realised that I forgot my bathing suit, after picking the hotel because it has an indoor pool, and we had to go and get a make shift bathing suit at walmart, we tried to rent Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, only to get home and find out it is the British theatrical version, Jeremy almost lost his wedding band, and we almost missed breakfast because we slept in. The day is still young and we have another day to go, so we will see how the story unfolds, and what kind of adventures we will have on the last day of the first week of our new life together.
These pictures can be attributed to my lovely sisters that had this great idea. My sisters weren't really supposed to pull me, but they got a little over-zealous and we were actually struggling to take the picture.


7 comments:

Mark and Teandra said...

i LOVE your blog and name (clever clever ;o) ) and your stories and YOU GUYS!!! :-D What FUN! man...thoes are QUITE the stories you have :o) I cant wiat to hear how week two goes...he he! Make it back to ABQ in one piece cuz I love you both oh so much!! :-D I think as long as you guys take the leaving/forgetting things with smiles you will always have lots to laugh about! (Take it from one who knows...forgetting things is something i always remeber to do! imagine that eh?) *MUAH!* love love!

Unknown said...

Yeah cool name. Let see we now have office equipment in our family and coins and the way you pray. Good thing we named all of our kids normal names since they were going to marry people with such weird names. Love you guys bunches.

Oh yeah I hate trying to type the funky letters. Well here goes.

Kiki said...

I love you! Have fun.

rachel huss said...

how funny! don't worry though, just think that if it could go wrong it will and then you'll never be frustrated or upset when the unexpected hits! i'm so happy for you guys! congrats again!!! love ya!

homealonemom said...

Yes! Married life has begun in all its glory. Just know that the next 50 or 60 years + will be full of just such wonderful occasions.

That's what brings excitement into your marriage.

We love you

Have Fun.

MOM

Kimberly said...

Hi Iwalani! Cute pictures, we need to see more :).

Jess & Jessica said...

I love the pictures!! You guys are so cute together! Sounds like your honeymoon is off to a great start. I love reading your story. Hopefully you guys make it home in one piece. :)