Sunday, February 6, 2011
306
Today I was very thankful to have the opportunity to attend the Stake Conference Broadcast from Salt Lake City. It was a conference that was broadcast all over New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma. But last night we got to go to the Adult session that was just our stake leaders and some members talking. And our Temple President, President Shumway and his wife also came, and in his talk, President Shumway said "Salvation is a PERSONAL matter, Exaltation is a FAMILY matter." (Emphasis added) And I thought that this was a great insight. That we each have to work personally to achieve salvation in the next life. But no matter how hard we work personally we can only receive exaltation as an eternal family. That is wonderful to know that we do need to take care of each other. In Hymn number 220 "Lord, I Would Follow Thee" it says, "I would be my brother's keeper, I would learn the healer's art. To the wounded and the weary, I would show a gentle heart. I would be my brother's keeper, Lord I would follow thee." I think that this is referring to "my brother" as all mankind, but sometimes I think we forget that this includes our actual brothers and sisters, and other family members. We need to be mindful of them and their needs, so that we can return to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again with our Families. I am so thankful for the gospel and the knowledge that I have of Heavenly Father's plan for me. And I am thankful for leaders that remind us of the things that we need to do, so that we can be "... doers of the word, and not hearers only ..." (James 1:22)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your comments, even though I don't always leave a comment of my own.
You are a wonderful daughter, and I love you.
MOM
Post a Comment